Meet Dr. Achih Chen
Dr. Achih H. Chen is medical director of Revitalize U. Formerly, he was located in Augusta, Georgia, where he served as the Director of Facial Plastic Surgery at the Medical College of Georgia. In addition to his academic position, Dr. Chen was also Director of the Georgia Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, a center focused exclusively on cosmetic facial plastic surgery. Dr. Chen has served on the Task Force for New Materials to assist in the development of new written examination questions for American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ABOto). He has also served as an oral examiner for the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery section of the oral board exam for the ABOto. Dr. Chen is a member of the editorial board of the medical journal Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology and has been selected Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Chen holds dual board certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He has received the numerous awards including the Castle Connolly Top Doctors® Award, Best Doctors in America, America’s Top Physicians, America’s Top Plastic Surgeons. Additionally, he has been featured on the nationally syndicated show, The Doctors, showcasing his facial rejuvenation technique, The Total Face.
Dr. Achih H. Chen grew up in the Midwest. He attended college at the University of Iowa, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree with high distinction in Physics with a minor in Mathematics. He completed his medical training at the University of Iowa College of Medicine, receiving the McCabe Research Award for his investigation into the molecular basis for hearing loss. Dr. Chen completed his residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Iowa. He completed a National Institutes of Health post-doctoral research fellowship during his residency and was named Chief Resident. After the completion of his residency, Dr. Chen was selected to complete his subspecialty training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at the UCLA-affiliated Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills, best known for its celebrity clientele.
- B.S. with High Distinction in Physics Minor in Mathematics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Graduate Studies in Department of Physiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Intern, Surgery, Michigan State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Research Fellow, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, NIH/University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Resident, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Fellow, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Lasky Clinic/UCLA, Beverly Hills, CA
Awards & Honors
- University of Iowa Dean’s List: January 1986; May 1987; January 1988; January 1989; May 1989. Awarded to students with semseter grade point average greater than 3.50.
- University of Iowa President’s List: May 1987; January 1988. Awarded to students with 4.00 grade point average for more than two consecutive semsters.
- Phi Eta Sigma, Freshman Honor Society, University of Iowa Chapter
- CIC Summer Research Fellowship, The University of Iowa. Awarded to top 1% of undergraduate students.
- Class of 1932 Scholarship, The University of Iowa College of Medicine
- Outstanding Fourth Year Medical Student in Otolaryngology, The Department of Otolarngology, The University of Iowa
- The Macabe Award for outstanding research by a resident or medical student in the Molecular Otolarngology Reaseach Laboratories. The Departments of Otolarngology, The University of Iowa
- The American Federation of Clinical Research Medical Student Award
- The Charles F. Ferguson Clinican Research Award, Third Place
- Administrative Chief Resident, The University of Iowa Department of Otolarngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- Medical College of Georgia Meical Center Health Care Hero
- American’s Top Physicians, Conumer’s Research Council of America
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), 2005-present
- America’s Top Plastice Surgeons, Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Fellow of the American Acafemy of Cosmetic Surgery (FAACS), 2006-present
- Best Doctors in American, Best Doctors, Inc.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FAAFPRS), 2008-present
- Castle Connolly Top Doctos, Castle Connolly, Inc.
- Distinguished Doctor, The Expert Network