What does it treat?
The MicroLaserPeel treatment uses a state-of-the-art erbium laser to remove the damaged, aged outer layers of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin) for fresher, smoother, more illuminated skin tone to shine through. It is a perfect treatment for those who want an affordable procedure with very little downtime. The MicroLaserPeel can be repeated at 6 to 8 weeks to improve your result, or it may be repeated to maintain your result. It delivers great results for areas of the skin that may have:
- Sun damage
- Refining Skin texture and skin tone
- Enlarged Pores
- Age Spots
What is the MicroLaserPeel?
- This treatment involves a superficial resurfacing (removal of the uppermost, damaged layers of the skin) that precisely and effectively treats problems on the surface of the skin.
- With advanced erbium laser technology, the MicroLaserPeel removes the outermost layer of the skin, replacing the dead skin cells with new, healthy cells to improve the overall texture and clarity of the skin.
What can the MicroLaserPeel do for you?
This laser resurfacing treatment removes the damaged, superficial layers of the skin to promote NEW collagen production. The depth and intensity are precisely controlled, and treatments are tailored to your specific skin type and conditions in order to achieve optimal results.
What should I expect during the MicroLaserPeel treatment?
- A topical numbing cream will first be applied to minimize any discomfort. A handheld device, guided by computer technology, is placed on the skin. Each area of the skin is scanned before delivering precise laser energy that quickly evaporates outer skin cells. The entire procedure can last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the area being treated
How many treatments do I need?
- Your provider will have recommendations for the number of treatments required to address your skin’s unique needs and specific concerns. Typically, patients start noticing results 1 week following their first treatment and may opt for additional treatments afterwards. Most patients will gain the most benefit from a series of 2-3 peels that are spaced 8 weeks apart
Does a MicroLaserPeel hurt?
- The procedure is quite tolerable, especially due to the topical numbing cream that is applied before treatment begins to minimize any discomfort.
How long do the results of a MicroLaserPeel last?
- Immediately after your treatment, your skin will be red, tight, and resemble the feeling of a sunburn. You can expect your skin to peel for one to four days, depending on the intensity or depth of the treatment picked for your skin type. Your skin will continue to heal over a period of several weeks, and you may not see the final results until then. As your skin heals, and as new collagen regenerates and fills in the lines and wrinkles, your results will continue to improve. Results will continue to improve for months.
What is recovery like?
- You can expect the skin to peel up to four days, be sure to avoid picking at these areas. It’s very important to keep the skin clean and moist with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Make sure to avoid prolonged sun exposure for the first 6 weeks and always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen, hat and sunglass